Thursday, October 3, 2013

...A Knitting Update...

It has been well over a month since I posted a knitting update...mainly due to...LOTS of knitting!! Let's see if I can remember everything and update my Year of Projects list!

WARNING: Picture Heavy Post!!

Let's see...I have knit a couple Owlie Hats, with a few mods\variations.



A couple of these hats I saw on Pinterest awhile ago...there wasn't a pattern listed, so I knit a basic beanie and then used this flower tutorial


I love my little model


A few more Quick Knit Button Cowls as I like to call them. This was a pattern I made up (though I am SURE its already somewhere in the knitting world) and while it is simple, it adds the right amount of texture and warmth! I have loved knitting a few of these up as orders and hope to knit a few more!

Here is another Pinterest find...I am sure the pattern is listed somewhere on Ravelry, but I did a Cartridge Rib pattern and added a buttonhole when I thought it looked long enough.




A friend sent me a picture of a Newborn Aviator hat she saw on Pinterest and I tried to re-create it for her. I came up with this and am hoping it is close!



I also made a Quick Knit Baby Shrug and added a cute little butterfly button! Hope the little girl likes it!

Do you know what makes me laugh? How colorways vary from brand to brand...This is "Plum"...the striped Owlie Hat above is also "Plum" yet they look NOTHING like each other.

Whew.

I have more orders to fill and am thinking about participating in a craft show in November, which means I really need to pick up my knitting!!

I have also started Serra by Laura Aylor and will write up a separate post about this sweater!

I THINK that is it for now...I really need to get back on a regular blogging schedule! And I need to update my Ravelry....

Completed Year of Projects
 
Sweaters/Cardigans:
-Quick Knit Baby Shrug

Shawls:
-Comfort Wrap

Socks:

Tunic:

Gloves/Mittens:

Hats:
-2 Large Flower Hat (from Pinterest)
-Piggy Hat (own pattern)
-Owlie Hat w\ Braids
-Striped Owlie Hat
-Newborn Aviator Hat
Toys: 
-Bunny Blankie Buddy

Diaper Cover & Hat Sets:
-Pig Set

Scarves\Cowls:
-11 Quick Knit Button Cowl (own pattern)
-Cartridge Rib Scarf

3 comments:

  1. That baby shrug is just so CUUUTE. Love the colour too. I don't have many babies that would need one close to me, but maybe Teddy needs one?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That baby model is adorable! I love the hat she is wearing too. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owlies! Adorable! I do think the purple on the first owl hat should be called eggplant. You have been incredible productive considering you have two small ones to care for. Hope your weekend is blessed...
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete