Monday, September 23, 2013

Harvest Time!

Fall is without a doubt my favorite time of year. I love the cooler weather, watching the farmers prepare for harvest, our gardens are abundant, the leaves start to change, school starts, it's time to knit sweaters, I just love it!! 

We (and by we, I mean Daniel) planted tomatoes, peppers and potatoes this year. Tomatoes are picked daily and Daniel has experimented with pizza and tomato sauce, both delicious! And last night we dug up the potatoes. 


We of course have the best helper around! (Even if he was chucking the potatoes in the wagon...doing things "nicely" isn't as much fun as throwing)


We made out fairly well, though I think Daniel was hoping for more. We fried some up last night and they were delicious!!


1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! those potatoes are awesome! LUCKY! this was our 1st year since having our backyard planter boxes to not plant anything, so naturally I am very jealous :( The girls were both on my case today that we don't have any pumpkins...next year... AAAHHHH!

    ReplyDelete