Monday, October 7, 2013

...Year of Projects: A Knitting Update...

A couple weeks have passed since my last knitting update. 

I have knit a couple Pumpkin Hats, one for an order and the second for my new nephew. I didn't get one of my nephew in his hat yet by hope to soon :)



These were so fun to make too! I used Plymouth Encore Worsted on both. 

I said in my last post that I would write about Serra, my current sweater project. I have yet to do that! 

Pardon the not so great photos, I used my phone so I could finally post about it! Here is it's current state: 


I am about half way through the hip increases and then a few inches of ribbing and the body will be done! I'm finding I am a loose knitter so it might be a bit longer then intended, or I may take out a hip increase. Not sure yet. Thoughts? 

This is the first of Laura Aylor's designs I have knit and I am really enjoying it. I admire so many of her designs! 


This sleeve construction was new for me. I made a few mistakes and while in the moment was adamant I would NEVER do a sweater construction like this again, I do like the polished look and would definitely do it again. 

And one of me wearing it: 


These pictures always make me feel like I have made real progress! The yarn is Patons Classic Worsted in Dark Grey mix. 

Weather in MN is getting cool fast, so I made Aiden a quick hat. This is Casade 220, one of my favorite yarns to work with. 


And here he is being "tough": 


I continue to knit the Quick Knit Cowl "pattern" I made up, 4 more have been added to my Year of projects list. 


This cooler weather makes me excited to finish my sweater and start a few more for my family members! I love Fall! 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh your sweater shoulders are cool! Very nice looking! Too bad it was a pain :). Very cute knits!!! I love A's shirt too. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sweater and the hats are great.

    ReplyDelete