Monday, October 7, 2013

Ooh a Cupcake!

Most of you know I have the privilege of staying home with Aiden and Charlotte. And I do love it, but you know, Friday comes around, and Aiden and I are...butting heads. And since last Friday was starting off in that general direction, I needed to do something so we could enjoy our Friday (though we both would admit we were super excited to see Daniel, haha!) 

Earlier in the week, we bought a huge box of packing peanuts for a youth group activity. We obviously kept the box. Aiden used it as a slide, a drum set, he put things in it and then dumped them out. Lightbulb moment! 


An oven!! Complete with a stove top! 


His face lit up after I finished. We ran (yup WE RAN) to the kitchen and filled our arms with every possible (and safe!) kitchen utensil we could carry! 


Aiden spent the morning cooking Poms, crayons and letter magnets. Every bit was delicious. ;) 

(Eventually, he and Daniel went to Wal-Mart and bought some play food)

During his nap I threw some cupcakes together and placed one inside the oven. 



"OOOH a cupcake!!" Followed by the HUGEST grin! 



A delicious treat indeed! 


1 comment: